Important Reminders Before Departure to Vancouver
1) An official government issued photo ID (including official foreign government-issued IDs) with your name, signature, and birth date, such as a driverís licence or passport.
2) A secondary piece of ID that includes an imprint of your name and your signature or picture, such as a credit card.
Weather in Vancouver and Whistler can be unpredictable and can change very quickly. Be prepared for sun and rain; wear appropriate clothing, dress in layers if required. Expect chilly, cold, and wet outdoor conditions, although freezing conditions are not forecasted.
1) Committee Session/Opening & Closing Ceremonies: business formal (or formal traditional dress for Opening Ceremony)
2) Night Zero: clubbing attire
3) Global Village: business formal/business casual/traditional national dress
4) A 1920s Cabaret: formal/feathers and fedoras (1920s dress)
5) Whistler - A Canadian Masquerade: semi-formal/masquerade
6) Woodstock 2012: 1960s attire/"hippie"
7) Au Revoir - The Farewell Party: tight and bright attire
During your stay in Vancouver, you will most likely rely heavily on public transit for everyday movements. The transportation plan for the conference will also utilize public transit. In Vancouver, the Public Transit Authority is Translink. To board a bus, ferry, or train you must either have a prepaid FareSaver ticket or purchase a ticket at a station. We at WorldMUN highly recommend that you buy a booklet of 10 FareSaver tickets for $21.50 and use them instead of buying a ticket every time at the stations. It will save you some money and a lot of time over the length of the conference.
In addition, on two separate nights, you will have to pay for public transit in order to travel to a social event, these being on March 11th (Global Village) and March 15th (Farewell). With a prepaid FareSaver car, it will only take a few seconds for each guest to validate their ticket and enter the SkyTrain. Without these tickets, you MUST purchase a ticket at the ticket machines and this will be time consuming given that there are 2,000 delegates. We highly recommend you buy public transit FareSaver tickets for these events beforehand to ensure that you arrive at venues quickly.
If you do not wish to have a booklet of ten and only need a few, you can share the cost with another delegate and split the booklet into two or more. We highly recommend you buy FareSaver tickets the day you arrive, and more importantly, before the Opening Ceremony. You can purchase FareSaver tickets at many major and small stores. They include Shoppers Drug Mart, London Drugs, 7-Eleven, Macís, and Safeway.
The Robert H Lee Graduate School of Business at the UBC Sauder School of Business invites WorldMUN 2012 delegates for lunch and an info session on Sunday, March 11th at 12.00 pm noon at the Vancouver Convention Centre (West 201). Please join us for an exploration of our innovative 1-year Master of Management - Early Career Masters program, designed to provide students with Bachelor's degrees in non-business disciplines an opportunity to learn the fundamental principles of sound business and management practice. Learn how the UBC ECM will help you accelerate your career. Space is limited: please RSVP here no later than by Friday, March 9th at 12 pm noon PST (Vancouver Time):