Volunteer(at)2012 Timeline and Important Dates Volunteer Positions - Logistics Volunteer Positions - Pages Volunteer Positions - Assistant Chairs FAQ Apply - Directors and Coordinators
Vancouver (at) 2012 We live in a world carried by the spirit of volunteerism. From the smallest, most humble community groups to the largest, most extensive networks of international organizations and non-profits, volunteers are everywhere and, quite arguably, everything. Consider for an instant some of your favourite events, organizations, and initiatives Ė and now embed them in a volunteerless world. We here at WorldMUN 2012 are pretty comfortable betting this: that your corner of the world would be deeply affected were volunteers to simply disappear. But, while there is so much that could be said about volunteerism, one statement suffices for now: volunteers make better the lives of millions and drive positive change the planet-over. Vancouver(at)2012 Like a planet devoid of volunteers, itís nearly as difficult to imagine a World Model UN devoid of volunteers. Who would, for instance,
- greet delegates, and welcome them to Vancouver?
- manage and moderate WorldMUN committees?
- staff registration tables, and event venues, and training sessions, and workshops, and…?
- carry notes and serve as pages in committee sessions?
- offer first-aid and take care of the needs of delegates?
- Logistics Volunteers – responsible for logistics-related tasks, such as greeting delegates at the airport, staffing WorldMUN social events, and helping with site set-up and take-down.
- Committee Pages– responsible for acting as liaisons, within committee sessions, for delegate-to-delegate and delegate-to-dais relations.
- Assistant Chairs– responsible, alongside committee chairs, with the smooth running of committee sessions, debate, and committee outcomes.
- Meet, network, and socialize with over 2,200 undergraduate student delegates from hundreds of schools, continents, regions, and countries around the world,
- Discuss and debate, in exciting committee sessions, the most pressing issues facing our planet -- that is, issues that you may only have read about in your textbooks or come across in your lectures,
- Dance the night away at one of a handful of wonderfully-themed social events throughout the week of the conference,
- Hear inspiring speeches and thoughtful commentary by a featured keynote speaker and other important guests,
- Be recognized for your time and effort and offered – should you choose it – a reference letter by conference-end, and
- Work alongside other great volunteers like you!
Chief Human Resources Officer
Director of Volunteers
Director of Academic Resources
Academic Coordinator, Specialized Agencies/Crises
Altay Sedat Otun
Academic Coordinator, GA and ECOSOC